The MasterCard-CrescentRating Global Muslim Travel Index (GMTI) 2016, which covers 130 destinations, was launched at a Media event in Jakarta, Indonesia. The launch took place at the Pullman Hotel Jakarta on the 23rd March 2016, with Pak Arief Yahya, Minister of Tourism, Republic of Indonesia, being the Guest of Honour.
Other diginitaries included:
From the Ministry of Tourism, Republic of Indonesia
- Ibu Esthy Reko Astuti, Deputy for National Tourism Marketing,
- Pak Sapta Nirwandar, Former Vice Minister for Tourism and current advisor to the Minister of Tourism
- Matthew Driver, Group Executive, Global Products & Solutions, Asia Pacific, MasterCard
- Safdar Khan, Group Country Manager, Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei and Group Head, Islamic Payments, South East Asia, MasterCard
- Venture Liang, VP & Senior Business Leader, MasterCard
- Tommy Singgih, Vice President, PT. MasterCard Indonesia
- Fazal Bahardeen, Chief Executive Officer, CrescentRating and HalalTrip
- Anas Kasak, Chief Marketing Officer, CrescentRating and HalalTrip
More than 20 representatives from the Media were present along with other diginitaries. Catch all the highlights of the launch in this video.