Apart from offering some great sightseeing and outdoor activities, Colombo also offers a number of Masaajid and halal restaurants. The Pettah neighbourhood of Colombo is a reflection of Cairo or can also be compared to the markets of Tehran.
Some of the Masaajid in Colombo include:
• Colombo Grand Masjid at 151, New Moor Street, Colombo
• Jami Ul Alfar Masjid at 228, 2nd Cross Street, Colombo
• Al Masjid An Najim Jumma Masjid at 55, Martis Lane, Colombo
• Jawatta Jumma Masjid at 50 AS, Torrington Lane, Colombo
• Saviya Jumma Masjid at 22, Saviya Lane, Mattakkuliya, Colombo
• Wellawatta Jumma Masjid at 48 Galle Road, Colombo
• Masjidul Akbar Jumma Masjid at 157 Kew Road, Colombo
Colombo offers a wide variety of halal restaurants where visitors can enjoy the traditional Sri Lankan flavour and cuisines from around the world. There are quite a number of halal restaurants in the Pettah neighbourhood.
A number of fast food joints such as KFC and McDonald's also serve halal food. Some of the halal food joints in Colombo include:
• Igloo at 478/2 Galle Road, Colombo
• Queen's Café at 417 R.A. de Mel Mawatha, Colombo
• McDonald's at 595/I., Negombo Road, Welisara, Colombo
• DineMore at 60A Dharmapala Mawatha, Colombo
• Al-Maas Family Restaurant at 56, W.A. De Silva Mawatha, Wellawatte, Colombo
• The Sizzle at 32 Walukarama Road, Colombo
• Eastern Wok at No. 38 Walukarama Road, Kollupitiya, Colombo
Most of these restaurants are certified by halal bodies. Check for a halal certificate on the premises of the restaurant or confirm with the staff about the halal authenticity. If you are not close to a halal restaurant, then Colombo also offers a wide array of vegetarian restaurants.