Crescentrating, as the world leader in pioneering the development of the Halal friendly travel segment, has addressed many International conferences since 2009. Crescentrating CEO, Fazal Bahardeen, is sort out speaker on the subject of developing this travel segment and its implocation to the global travel industry. Here are some of the conferences addressed by Fazal
1. Penang International Halal Conference (Penang, Malaysia, 19th January 2013)
2. Enhancing Sharia Tourism in Indonesia (Surabaya, Indonesia, 20th December 2012)
3. Sarajevo Halal Forum (SAHAF)(Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina, 26th September 2012)
4. International Halaal Conference, South Africa (Johannesburg, South Africa, 16th July 2012)
5. World Islamic Tourism Mart 2012 (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 31st May 2012)
6. American Muslim Consumer Conference 2011 (New Jersey, USA, 29th October 2011)
7. World Halal Forum 2011 (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 5th April 2011)
8. Sri Lanka Halal Conference & Exhibition (Colombo, Sri Lanka, 12th March 2011)
9. Global Halal Congress (Karachi, Pakistan, 4th December 2010)
10. World Halal Forum Europe (London, UK, 10th November 2010)
11. International Islamic Tourism Conference & Travel Mart (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 30th October 2010)
12. Hospitality Operations & Design Conference ( Singapore, 22nd April 2010)
13. Sri Lanka Inaugural Halal Conference & Exhibition (Colombo, Sri Lanka, 19th February 2010)
14. International Islamic Tourism and Halal Conference 2009 (IISTHAL) (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 8th December 2009)
At Crescentrating, our vision is to enable Muslims to explore the world with peace of mind by leading the growth of "Halal Friendly Travel" to benefit Travelers, Travel Service providers, Our Shareholders and the Community as a whole.
- Raise industry awareness on the Halal Friendly Travel
- Promote Crescentrating standards globally
- Support the growth of the market segment through travel portals, mobile applications, publications & MICE activities
Be the Credible, Knowledgeable and Globally Trusted brand for Halal Friendly Travel
- Credible and Knowledgeable on Halal Friendly Travel
- A Globally recognized Brand
- Trusted for its values and perspective on Halal Friendly Travel
In recent times we have witnessed a huge growth in the "Halal Food and Beverages Industry" as well as the "Islamic Banking and Finance Industry". This trend has now gone beyond the food and the banking industries and increasingly extending to lifestyle and leisure activities; in particular the Travel and Tourism industry with Halal conscious Muslim consumers becoming increasing mobile for business, leisure, healthcare, etc..,
In order to facilitate the growth of this segment, so that both the Travel & Hospitality service providers as well as the Muslim consumers can benefit, we have defined this segment as the "Halal Friendly Travel" segment. For many reasons we hold the view that using such terms as "Halal Travel", "Islamic Travel" , "Halal Hotel", "Shariat Compliant Hotel" etc.., to define this market segment or the services targeted at this segment, is not appropriate.
We also developed the world first rating system to rate Travel & Hospitality Services and Facilities for Halal Friendliness. These include the availability of Halal Food or information on Halal Food, Prayer information, etc..,
With the growth of Muslim travellers forecasted to outpace the growth of other travel segments, Halal Friendly Travel market is increasingly becoming a key segment for the travel industry.a figure which is expected to grow to USD 200 billion by 2020.
For the travel industry, this means taking into account the needs of the Muslim travelers in developing their services and facilities. For the Muslim Halal conscious consumers it is about being able to make educated choices when it comes to making their travel plans.
Many destinations are already beginning to see the potential and are making adgustments to their services to take into account the unique needs of this group of travellers. This is opening up many new destinations for the Halal conscious travellers.
The Travel industry has many hundred years of experience in handling the unique requirements of the different segment of travellers they wish to attract and will eventually make the necessary adjustments to make all of their visitors comfortable. Majority of them will eventually embrace the basic "Halal friendly" requirements while still providing the services and facilities for other guests.